Wednesday 18 December 2019

A Little About Me.

A Little About Me.

Hello there!

My name is Barry Lee.

So, this is my first proper go at a Blog.

For some reason, I’ve always wanted to do one, but never fully got around to it. I always thought it would be super time consuming, and not worth the bother. But, in recent times, I have found it easy to set up, and also with this being my first post, I have some material that I can pull up and use for a few posts.

What I’m trying to do is learn how the background of the Blog works. For me, this is important, as it should provide the skills I need for a new job. You see, I’m about 15 years out of practice with computers, and for me that’s not a good thing, as I want to go into the IT sector for work. That doesn’t mean that I cannot do a thing with them. I mean, I’m still proficient with Microsoft Windows (having used every version of home computing Windows since 2000/XP, and a few Server editions too), and use it on a daily basis in my current role at a school for children with conditions on the Autism spectrum.

But, having said that, the industry, and computers in general, have changed significantly with the introduction of Facebook, Instagram and other social media sites. These have all come along since I learnt my BTEC back in 2003-2005. We’ve had the inclusion of iOS and Android, being two new operating systems that are run by Apple and Google, respectively. Touch screens, smart devices, consoles even have an operating system since I did that course. So, it’s no wonder I feel a little out of touch with the modern world.

So, it is my aim, that along with this Blog, and a new Facebook page that I created (to which there is a link somewhere here), I re-learn the ways of the source [code], gather the magic and find new ways of doing things. My plan is to learn how to do Social Media stuff, how to integrate it into modern life, how to run things properly through online courses, and to hopefully find another job as a result. This is what 2020 is all about for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

17 Tabs Open, 4 Non-responsive, and I don't Know Where the Music is coming from...

In my infinite wisdom, I decided that I should venture into doing something other than Facebook and Instagram media learning. Upon looking...