Sunday 5 January 2020

Study Tips

Great Study Tip
Afternoon!

For those of you that have been on this blog since the beginning, you'll know that I am studying for Facebook Certification.

The trouble is, I find it hard to study for new things; I'm a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to getting certain things done. I have to sit down, and concentrate hard in order for things to go in my brain.

We all have different techniques too. Some of us use noise to their advantage. Some of us like the quiet of a library. There are some of us that write things down, and those that don't need to bother (lucky sods!) But well all learn differently. Working where I work currently in a school for children with Autism has taught me that we all learn at different speeds, and different ways. It's something to be known that we are all different.

Here are a few tips I have found useful in my study for this certificate:


  • Write it down: Always write things down. You may never remember them, and it can be helpful to come back to.
  • Make a list: if you're not sure what parts to study, make a list. Sometimes there are ready made lists for you to follow.
  • Use the best style to teach yourself: Use images if you have to, use text, use video on YouTube, etc.
  • Find your niche: If you like to play music, sit on a chair upside down, or sit at a table with masses of unkempt papers everywhere to learn, that's fine. Just find what way is best for you to learn.
  • Never rush: If you have no set deadlines, and your coursework is like mine where it is online, free and just includes an exam at the end, take your time. I've learnt that the hard way as I'm like a bull in a China shop.
  • Little and often: By this, I mean use your time effectively. Don't put it all on one day. Something you can learn by experience.
I'm finding it difficult to learn by writing things down all the time. Especially with this Facebook Certificate, as when I do a practice exam to test my knowledge, it gives me a list of bits that I have missed. Great! You would think so, but I don't want to have to write it down again and again. My notes have doubled, so I'm re-writing them now into a small note book, and marking the main points with index markers so I know what to read when I'm revising.

My quest to fulfil this exam will succeed. That's the last thing I will say.

NEVER GIVE UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

17 Tabs Open, 4 Non-responsive, and I don't Know Where the Music is coming from...

In my infinite wisdom, I decided that I should venture into doing something other than Facebook and Instagram media learning. Upon looking...