Sunday 26 January 2020

17 Tabs Open, 4 Non-responsive, and I don't Know Where the Music is coming from...

In my infinite wisdom, I decided that I should venture into doing something other than Facebook and Instagram media learning. Upon looking for ideas, I came upon an old friend - HTML and CSS. They have been a staple language I can figure out quickly enough to coincide with the digital marketing media that's needed.


Story book design
So, why HTML and CSS? I'm already fairly proficient in HTML 4, and CSS 2, as I've used them since the dawn of time whilst running various websites (I used to have a military aircraft website back in the day), and so the natural progression of this knowledge is to brush up my skills with the latest versions, HTML5 and CSS3

Now, here's where it becomes interesting. I know that I can, in theory, use all three of these as a beginning block to showcase my knowledge and skills, but implementing them is another matter. I'd like to be at the point where I can run a website, have this blog moved across to it, run Facebook and Instagram campaigns to advertise it well, and use SEO from Google or another source to optimise my website.

All good in theory. Website. Yes. Advertising. Yes. Blog. Yes. Background processes. Yes. It's the getting to that point that can be frustrating at times. I'm now a month into my independent studies, and although I've made quick (and good) progress, I do feel I'm either making things happen too fast, or that I'm over-studying. To my point of the title, I feel rather like a web browser. With 17 tabs open, 4 that are non-responsive, and music is coming from somewhere, but I don't know where.

With that being said, I'm loving learning again, and realise now that, at almost 37 years old, I could have and should have done something like this a long time ago. But, it's not good to dwell on the past. And I don't. I'm having a positive year this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

17 Tabs Open, 4 Non-responsive, and I don't Know Where the Music is coming from...

In my infinite wisdom, I decided that I should venture into doing something other than Facebook and Instagram media learning. Upon looking...